Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Devil is in the Egg

I wonder where these poor eggs got their name -- Deviled Eggs.
I have a luscious variation on them, which makes these probably the best deviled eggs you've ever tasted. In addition to dry mustard and salt and pepper, I use Watkins Potato Salad Seasoning. It works wonders. I took 36 of these little nodules of delight to a parish function today and they disappeared very quickly. You start with six hard-cooked eggs. Peel them while they are still warm. Otherwise they are not easy to peel. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yokes and mash with a fork.
Mix in 1/2 teaspoon Watkins Organic Dry Mustard, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of salt (the lesser amount because there is some salt in the Potato Salad Seasoning), 1/4 tsp of Watkins Black Pepper, and 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of Watkins Potato Salad Seasoning(I like more). Now add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. My husband and I actually prefer to use Vegenaise. It's better for your heart, and it actually tastes better to us. You can find in the organic foods section of your grocery store. Fill whites with egg yolk mixture, heaping slightly. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with Watkins Organic Paprika. Enjoy! --- Susan Fox

No comments: