Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easy Basil Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing

Dear Friends,
I have been making this salad dressing for my husband for years. But recently I added a new Watkins ingredient -- Watkins Garlic & Parsley Grapeseed Oil instead of olive oil.
He didn't recognize his regular salad dressing and asked me where I got this wonderful new salad dressing! He loves it. I hope you will too.
I make it in 16 oz (two cup) portions and put it in a salad dressing shaker. I fill the shaker with about 2/3 cup sugar (organic sugar is great). Then I add red wine vinegar about three-fourths of the way up. Red Wine Vinegar is the best vinegar to use.
I mince about four cloves of garlic, and add 1 1/2 teaspoon Watkins Basil.
I grind Watkins Garlic Peppercorn Blend into the mixture to taste. This is my favorite pepper to cook with.
I add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Watkins Sea Salt.
Then I shake it very well and taste it. If the vinegar is still sour, I add more sugar. It may need a little more salt. The other ingredients will get more flavorful with time in the refrigerator.
Then I pour the Watkins Garlic & Parsley Grapeseed Oil over the top, so it's full to the brim. Then I shake the whole mixture vigorously so all the sugar dissolves, and I shake it again just before it's served. Watkins also has its Grapeseed Oil in Citrus & Cilantro and in Original Flavor.
Enjoy! Susan Fox

No comments: